SLK language pack: Submitting Translated XML files to CodePlex

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Apr 16, 2007 at 2:19 PM
I'm a localization vendor responsible for SLK (Sharepoint Learning Kit) localization into Russian. Language pack XML files are translated and ready for submitting to CodePlex. Please provide me with instructions on how to submitting translated XML files to CodePlex? I did not find in the localization guide.
Apr 16, 2007 at 6:55 PM
Hi Igorg,

Congratulations on the Russian localization! We are in the process of putting together some processes for the localization submission and delivery. Please expect the instructions (will be posted to CodePlex) in a week. Thanks!

Apr 22, 2007 at 3:16 PM
I have a very strange behavior in the SLK, after applying the language package and changing the regional settings. The right strings showed and it worked fine. Then I retracted the language package and deployed another one, but I can still see the strings of the old one, although it was successfully retracted and I reset the iis and restarted the whole machine. Then retracting and deploying again it goes back to the original strings and it doesn’t feel any changes.

May you please help us out in this issue?

I would be very grateful.
Thank you very much for your time and help,
Engy

Apr 30, 2007 at 8:30 PM
Edited May 1, 2007 at 7:33 AM
Hi Igorg,

The following page, HowToCheckInTranslationXMLFiles, has information on submitting the translated XML files to CodePlex.